Friday, August 13, 2010

Four Months Post-Op - and 110 lbs. lighter

Hello Everyone:

It has been a little while since I posted (about two months), but it has been a busy two months!  I became employed with a job that has kept me busy as a bee for 60 hours a week.  Finally off the unemployment roles and back into the workforce.

So, four months in - here's my update.  As of today (August 13, 2010) I am 220 lbs.  I have lost 110 lbs (which is 1/2 of my current weight, 76% of my total weight loss goal and 33.3% of my total body mass).  My BMI is now a 33.4, down from 50.2.  I now wear L shirts (and even got into a M and looked pretty good), which is significantly smaller than the XXXL I was wearing.  My pants size is now a 40 waist down from a 54-56. 

Prior to me starting work at the end of June, I was running 1.25 miles a day and had started P90X.  Unfortunately, my schedule at work has prevented me from continuing the rigorous schedule of P90X, however, I have cut back my hours and will be starting back up again.  I also plan on re-starting my running schedule this Sunday.

I am doing better with eating - I still have to be very careful about what I eat, as I still will vomit if I don't eat the right foods and eat slowly.  However, since I have identified eating out as a major obstacle, we have just eliminated it all together.  Even foods that you would think would be OK to eat just don't sit right...even grilled chicken out doesn't sit well with me.  So, why waste money - I can eat my own food and it is cheaper.

I feel great and really think I look pretty good.  I am still burning through clothes faster than I can replace them since I am still losing weight.  I just got all 42 waist pants a couple of weeks ago and they are already getting too big - the belt only works for so long - then the pants just don't sit right.

So, here is a current picture - it was taken about 2 weeks ago at my mother-in-laws 50th b-day.  You can judge for yourself.



Thanks for reading!  Enjoy life...I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment